We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Business Analyst to join our Business Services team in either our Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex offices..
In this role you will execute business analysis tools and techniques, informing and contributing to innovative product delivery in a predominantly agile change delivery environment, ensuring business solutions are value-led, iterative in nature and meet strategic, tactical, and operational requirements.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a Business Analyst role
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- To be a pro-active seeker of knowledge
- Experience being involved in large scale initiatives
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Effectively execute a wide range of analytical tools and techniques, including process mapping, re-engineering, Gap analysis, SWOT analysis, Options analysis, statistical and database analysis, wireframing and prototyping.
- Instigate, prepare, facilitate and lead meetings, workshops and presentations for a wide range of audiences, demonstrating consistently high qualities of communication and strong powers of influence
- Influence strategic decisions to ensure that the change projects remain in line with the latest business thinking
- Provide Product Owners (PO), Project and Programme Managers with clearly defined requirements and solutions to ensure successful business outcome(s)
- Support the definition of realisable benefits and support the prioritisation of change
- Contribute to the setting of standard practices and processes for the Business Analysis discipline and ensure these are adhered to and best practice is followed to support a fully agile change and development environment.
- Produce clear and effective Project and requirements documentation, presenting information in an intelligent and clear way to communicate requirements, business solution options and recommendations to different stakeholder audiences
- Develop close working relationships with Subject Matter Experts, Heads of Department, Project/Programme Managers and Sponsors to drive decisions
- Work with our Technology colleagues - Developers, Solution Architects and QA to ensure the alignment between technical solutions and stated business requirements.
- Play a part in interpreting legislative and regulatory changes, assessing the wider impact on business procedures and designing solutions to ensure compliance with externally driven timeframes
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times,
- Any other reasonable duties
Experience & knowledge
- Proven experience of applying business analysis tools and techniques within an iterative and Agile change delivery framework
- Demonstrable understanding of a range of Business Analysis and Change Management tools and techniques
- Proven experience of applying business analysis within an iterative and Agile change framework
- Ideally an Insurance or financial Services background, although other backgrounds will be considered
- Change Management: experienced in facilitating change within a business unit and across an organisation, to include defining/re- engineering existing and new processes as well as the development of new services and products
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business change across large and small change initiatives – ‘Depth and Breadth’
- Knowledge of a structured yet agile approach to delivering analysis and change
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF)
Skills & Qualifications
- Formal qualification or a desire to be formally qualified in Business Analysis and/or change management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong workshop and meeting facilitation skills
- Experienced at building relationships with and managing internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in selecting and executing elicitation techniques such as Interviews, Exploratory Prototypes, Facilitated Workshops, Focus Groups, Observation, User Task Analysis, Wireframing, Documentation study and Surveys and Process Re-engineering.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercially focussed and results driven
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We’ve received some great feedback from employees on Glassdoor. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews for yourself!
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Talent team.