We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you a talented Business Analyst? If so, read on! We have a vacancy for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Business Services team in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have experience of working in a Business Analyst role with insurance products in IT, Cyber and Technology spaces
- Be able to confidently deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable with Data due to the nature of the product line
- Effective delivery of change projects through the full project life cycle: ideation - design - delivery - transition to BAU and closure
- Progressive stakeholder management with full ownership, dexterity, creativity and willingness to involve and drive a shared endeavour that underpins everything we do
- Execute a wide range of analytical tools and techniques, including process mapping, re-engineering, gap analysis, SWOT analysis, options analysis, statistical and database analysis, wireframing and prototyping
- Instigate, prepare, facilitate and lead meetings, workshops and presentations for a wide range of audiences, demonstrating consistently high qualities of communication and strong powers of influence
- Provide project and programme managers with clearly defined requirements and aligned business solutions to ensure successful business outcome(s)
- Influence strategic decisions to ensure that the change projects remain in line with the latest business thinking
- Support the definition of realisable benefits and support the prioritisation of change
- Contribute to the setting of standard practices and processes for the business analysis discipline and ensure these are adhered to and best practice is followed to support a fully agile change and development environment
- Produce clear and effective project and requirements documentation, presenting information in an intelligent and clear way to communicate requirements, business solution options and recommendations to different stakeholder audiences
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Formal qualification or a desire to be formally qualified in business analysis and change management
- Demonstrable experience of delivering the business analysis to underpin business change across large and small change initiatives
- Understanding of change analysis and change management techniques
- Knowledge of the private lines insurance business and the core business functions of a general insurance provider, with understanding of the aggregator marketplace is beneficial
- Commercially focused and results driven
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Takes initiative to make decisions
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .