We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Project Manager to join our Business Services team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester.
You’ll be central to driving the delivery of our ambitious Retail and Pricing Programme, contributing to multiple, concurrent projects with ownership of both business and IT change elements – people, process, technology and data are all in the mix.
We’re looking for a Project Manager who has successfully delivered change within Retail Pricing environments as well as someone who can be dextrous, enjoys diversity and ideally has experience of insurance environments with a view to working alongside the Executive Sponsor, Programme Manager, third-party suppliers and our in-house change disciplines to deliver our strategic Pricing and Underwriting roadmap.
You'll be assuring the delivery of change through the full project life cycle: idea - design - delivery - transition to BAU and closure.
A progressive stakeholder management approach is key to this role, ownership, dexterity, creativity and a willingness to get involved and drive the sense of shared endeavour that underpins everything we do.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering change within Retail Pricing environments
- Have proven experience of a Project Management role in an agile environment
- Have a progressive stakeholder approach
• Deliver multiple, concurrent Projects and Business Area Backlog items with responsibility for all Business and IT change elements
• Lead and co-ordinate change activity, working with Programme Managers and C-Suite Executives to maintain a strategic delivery roadmap
• Manage Projects of varying ‘scale’ as well as Business Area Backlog Items from idea through to delivery and closure, adopting proportionate governance and using the established Change Delivery Framework
• Maintain momentum and direction, delivering to the agreed scope, timeframe and budget with resource planning and accurate estimation treated as fundamental principles
• Practice a progressive Stakeholder Management approach, building invested relationships where appropriate employing an agreed engagement & communication plan
• Actively manage project risks, issues and dependencies
• Actively monitor and QA change delivery activities and deliverables including technical Sprint composition and the progress of specific PBI’s
• Create, control, track and report on project plans and budgets
• Matrix manage resources assigned to projects
• Plan and coordinate work with other internal departments to ensure internal resource requirements are understood and the right resources are available when required
• Direct the activities of third party providers ensuring delivery to time, quality and budget
• Report progress to Senior Board Members through Steering Groups and established Monthly reporting
• Fully understand and plan for the business impact of change
• Ensure that all Business and IT operational areas are ready to accept the change
Experience & knowledge
• Demonstrable experience of managing the delivery of complex Business and IT change.
• Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse change portfolio with concurrent initiatives underpinned by proven dexterity, creativity and the efficient use of resources.
• Proven understanding of Project Management techniques in an agile environment.
• Solid experience of all stages of the project delivery and software development lifecycle.
• Experience of engaging and managing third parties.
• Experience of working within an FCA regulated industry, ideally within Financial Services or Insurance.
• Knowledge of Project Management techniques covering both Business and IT Change.
• Knowledge of Agile approaches, ideally Scrum.
• Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF).
• MS Office / MS Project / SharePoint / TFS / Gemini
Skills & Qualifications
• Strong planning and control expertise.
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time management and organisation skills.
• Excellent workshop and meeting facilitation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate risks and issues at all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent Supplier and Stakeholder Management skills.
• Formal Project Management qualification such as APMP, PRINCE2, Agile Project Management or equivalent.
• Commercially focused and results driven.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Acts as a role model and motivates others.
• Embraces, embeds and incorporates the Company values.
• An organised and pro-active approach.
• Ability to lead and influence.
• A flexible approach and positive attitude.
• Able to balance an emphasis on attention to detail whilst retaining focus on broader needs.
• Takes initiative to make decisions.
• Strives to deliver business improvement.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .