We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Would you like an exciting new career to start in February 2022 in Manchester? Why not consider ‘First Central’ an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services!
- Full Training ( 6 weeks ) in our Salford Quays, Manchester office
- Clear Progression Matrix
- Fully supportive team throughout
- Generous basic salary
- Fantastic company benefits
- £100 off your car insurance!
- A fun place to work!
As a group, we have a number of companies, which include our underwriter, broker and personal injury claims specialists, as well as our award-winning motor insurance broker, 1ST CENTRAL, which has successfully built a customer base of over three quarters of a million.
We’re now looking for several Motor Claims Handlers to join us in Salford Quays, Manchester in our FEBRUARY 2022 induction course and to join our FNOL Claims team in a customer service phone based role.
Please note, the hours will be a 37.5 hour working week with the Claims department open from 8am to 8pm on three shift patterns and occasional Saturdays, 9am to 4pm.
If you have excellent customer service skills and compassionate we’d love to hear from you!
Motor Claims Handler responsibilities:
- You will be the first point of call via telephone for a customer who has been involved in a motor accident
- Proactively record, process and settle First Notification of Loss motor claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and maintain files within our service standards
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy and be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers and all relevant third party representatives
- Adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA, AML and Anti Bribery principles, and ensure all direct reports are compliant
- Be compliant with health and safety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with company standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Motor Claims Handler Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience from a Customer Service role
- Knowledge from a Motor Claims environment (Desirable)
- Understanding of motor insurance processes and the end-to-end customer claims process
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Complaint resolution is essential
- Coaching/training experience desirable
- Good Liability Knowledge and a confident challenger
- Understanding of engineer’s reports
- Excellent communication, time management and organisation skills
- Desire to learn and develop through continuous training
- Embrace, embed and incorporate our Company Values
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.