We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Here at First Central, we're exploring the idea of creating part-time roles that fit around home life, for people with a passion for offering excellent customer service, strong attention to detail and an interest in progressing your career with us!
Our Customer Claims team have the important role of being the first point of contact for our customers handling new or on-going claim calls by capturing relevant details in relation to a vehicle accident, updating our customers on their open claims and liaising with a range of departments and third party suppliers to resolve each claim in a professional manner.
Our part-time shifts, should this concept take off, will be Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 2:30pm with additional overtime offered (if you wish) during busy periods.
What can we offer you?
- Generous basic salary starting from £19,253 FTE (£12,835 pro-rata) with planned increases in line with our career progression matrix
- Flexible hybrid working (mix of office and home working) after 3 months service subject to achieving competence in role
- Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 2:30pm (25 hours per week)
- Progression and support given
- Fully supportive team throughout
- Fantastic company benefits
- A fun, vibrant and busy place to work!
If you have excellent customer service skills and compassion we’d love to hear from you!
Claims Handler responsibilities:
- You will be the first point of call via telephone for a customer who has been involved in a motor accident
- Proactively record, process and settle First Notification of Loss motor claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and maintain files within our service standards
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy and be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers and all relevant third party representatives
Skills & experience required:
- Demonstrable experience from a Customer Service role
- Knowledge from a Motor Claims environment is desirable, but not essential
- Understanding of motor insurance processes and the end-to-end customer claims process is desirable
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Complaint resolution is essential
- A confident challenger
- Excellent communication, time management and organisation skills
- Desire to learn and develop through continuous training
- Embrace, embed and incorporate our Company Values
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Talent team.