We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for experienced Test Analysts to join our Technology team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, Salford Quays, Manchester, or Guernsey.
You’ll be responsible for developing approaches, plans and evidence that any change is delivered in accordance with the requirements. You’ll create test plans, execute existing test scripts and manage the defect cycle to ensure that the software is fit for go-live.
You’ll act as an assurance gateway ensuring that any change of business process or the technical solution is fit for purpose and manage the acceptance process into the operational business areas.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
• Have a formal qualification in testing such as those offered by ISEB
• Have extensive experience in software testing
• Have solid experience of all stages of the software test lifecycle
• Define and create test cases from analysis using functional specifications/use cases/ wire frames
• Produce test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Amend existing test scripts using existing requirements
• Execute pre-existing test scripts and manage entire testing cycle working along with other testers
• Manage the defect process, working with key stakeholders to identify, prioritise and resolve defects
• Attend defect discussion calls, backlog grooming sessions and confidently handle challenging questions from developers/stakeholders
• Provide business assurance by providing evidence of tests carried out to ensure fitness against purpose & business requirements
• Identify and feedback any potential improvements to both the organisations business and technology architecture
• Manage relationships with the business areas to ensure that change is accepted by the business before being business as usual.
• Work with key business stakeholders to identify ways that the results of change initiatives can be fully tested for fitness against purpose
• Work with development & analysis teams and other suppliers to help them ensure that technical deliveries are fit for purpose
• Develop in working with databases/SQL queries and assist MI/BI teams
• Support the automation team and possess awareness of Selenium and C#/Java development languages
• Support the Data Lake/Robotics team, possess awareness of Big Data
Skills, knowledge & experience
• Formal qualification required in testing, such as those offered by ISEB
• Previous experience of working in Agile methodology is desirable
• Proven extensive experience in the full cycle of software testing
• Knowledge of automation testing (specifically Selenium) is highly desirable
• Basic SQL knowledge is mandatory, advanced knowledge is desirable
• Demonstrable experience of delivering software development projects in a general insurance or financial services environment is highly desirable
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management and organisation skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of the entire testing cycle
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
• Fantastic training and development opportunities
• Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
• Flexible working
• YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
• The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
• A health cash plan
• Help with travel expenses
• The opportunity to buy additional holiday
• Company pension scheme
• Group life assurance
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .