We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Do you have excellent claims experience to include handling personal injury claims? Do you push boundaries being an excellent communicator, getting the job done and love to bring forward your ideas?
It’s all about Personal Injury claims being assertive and providing our customers with real peace of mind.
We’re on the lookout for a Personal Injury Handler to join our growing Triage team in Salford Quays, Manchester.
What’s the secret to our success? Just bring your best and we’ll work out the rest.
In return for working with us we will offer you:
- Generous competitive starting salary between £22,000 to £24,000 - Depending on experience plus fantastic benefits
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5:00pm – Flexibility available
- Blended approach to working in the office (1 day) and from home 4 days a week following training and passing your probation
- A fun, energetic and lively working environment
- Excellent career progression opportunities with increased salary available on completion of Progression level matrix
- Proactively process low level Triage Personal Injury claims up to £25k received via the OIC and MOJ portals from outset to the conclusion
- Handling the claim to the conclusion of the liability decision-making period and maintaining the claim files within service standards
- Be responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the expected level of damages on each file
- Conduct detailed and compliant telephone interviews with customers in relation to their claim
- Ensure compliance with the relevant sections of Civil Liability Act, MOJ Reforms, Civil Procedure Rules, Personal Injury Pre action Protocol and Road Traffic Act
- Promptly identify potential fraudulent claims and other claims with large loss triggers which require specific referral
- Instruct and then proactively manage cases allocated to claims investigators and other suppliers
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly
- Process cheques on claims files as required
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Maintain diary within SLAs and KPIs to ensure effective and timely decision making
- Ensure compliance with Consumer Duty principles when liaising with customers and handling claims
- Provide support to the CFS Controller or Technical Claims Personal Injury Supervisor by ensuring delivery of own performance against agreed objectives, KPI'S and SLA'S
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Experience & knowledge:
- Previous experience in handling Personal injury Claims or Third Party Claims (Desirable)
- Good understanding of insurance motor claims, including liability and indemnity (Advantage)
- Knowledge of the Official Injury Claim (OIC) or Ministry of Justice (MOJ) portals – (Advantage)
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Actively identify and engage in areas of business improvement
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and strong customer service skills
- Confident in presenting information in a clear and concise manner
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.