We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Our finance team need a result driven, agile and logical thinking Finance Change Lead, who knows a thing or two about finance systems and change. Ideally, you’ll have been involved in system implementation and post go-live support, if it's with Workday–Finance, all the better!
Supporting the Finance Change Manager, you’ll be the go to and lead on administration, maintenance and the day to day running of the core Workday financials application. You’ll also lead on change management initiatives including project management and business analysis support. Do you fit the bill?
We love hybrid working, so you'll spend most of your time working from home, with a day a week in the office (so living close to Haywards Heath, West Sussex would be a perfect match!). But of course, it’s your choice - if you prefer to be in the office more - that's good with us too. We're also open to applicants that live a commutable drive to Salford Quays, Manchester or live in Guernsey or Gibraltar.
You’ll be the perfect person for us if:
You’re qualified by experience or part/fully qualified Accountant, holding AAT, CIMA, ACCA
Communicating, challenging and influencing senior management is your strength
Agile development, report writing and Lean or Six Sigma frameworks are in your toolkit
- Together with the Finance Change Manager and Group Finance Systems Manager responsible for the execution of finance systems change ensuring it continually adapts to complement the Groups operating model:
- Pre-release – ensure clear articulation and understanding of the business case of what the proposed change is required to deliver and assure that the detailed requirements and solution design will deliver the same.
- Release – agree scope and deliverables for each sprint & and in-process changes to it. Assure the quality of development & testing, sing, off Live testing requirements and confirm go/no go to deploy the release into production.
- Post release – ensure all warranty defects are resolved, and ongoing production monitoring & continuous improvement are in place.
- Lead, design, test and implement technical system changes to deliver ongoing continuous improvements to Finance
- Lead the gathering and documentation of change requests, and requirements from the wider Finance function liaising with SMEs to assist with prioritisation and design of configuration changes.
- Assist with the management and delivery of Finance transformation projects with the help of 3rd party support and key stakeholders
- Responsible for key administration changes within Workday, ensuring key system control and integrity is maintained and protected.
- Assist in the design and production of Workday reports, Business Processes, and Integrations
- Lead the prioritisation and resolution of any incidents and issues, liaising with relevant stakeholders and 3rd party support/vendors to agree actions, owners, and dates
- Build effective working relationships and influence across all levels, fostering an open and collaborative culture
- Manage and lead finance system updates and maintenance development work across all finance systems
- Challenging current practices, actively seeking to improve processes, whilst managing risk
- End user set-up and security maintenance, as required.
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
- Conduct colleague management duties including:
- Delivering coaching and feedback to direct report to achieve KPI’s and SLAs, and conducting regular performance reviews, including probationary reviews and annual appraisals as necessary.
- Deal with colleague issues including monitoring absence.
- Assist in the recruitment process where necessary
Job Specific Competencies:
- Experience in an accounting/finance function
- Experience as a finance system administrator and / or finance change role
- Experience with ERP, General Ledger or P2P systems
- Experience of financial systems (Workday Financials – desirable)
- Experience of system implementations and post go-live support models.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, especially Excel
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to drive process improvement, based upon analysis of data
- Work effectively under pressure and think clearly and logically in challenging situations
- Knowledge of Agile development approaches
- Qualified by experience or part qualified accountant (AAT, CIMA, ACCA)
- Report writing across a number of systems
- Working knowledge of Lean or Six Sigma Frameworks.
- Results driven with a constant eye on the detail but understand the audience.
- Acts as a role model and motivates other.
- Empathetic approach to leadership with an ability to get the best out of a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and influence.
- A driven attitude to deliver controlled change and rapidly overcome obstacles.
- An agile approach to project management and able to rapidly react to changes in business priorities to take advantage of emerging business and customer opportunities
Want to know more? Sounds like you? Then click on Apply.
This is just the start. Imagine where you could end up! The journey’s yours…
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.