We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
In the last few years, FCG has seen rapid growth, no more so than in our data services division. What has become apparent over the last 18 months, is that data services is lacking a quality function with a mature quality framework, with which to deliver industry leading testing on our legacy and future platforms. To meet these demands, we are looking to hire a team of Quality Engineers to support them.
The Quality Engineers will be responsible for the day to day automated and
manual testing of all reporting, data pipelines, and data warehousing within FCG, on both Legacy and Data Transformation Program platforms. Structured testing is required, ensuring the quality of releases. Act as an assurance gateway ensuring that any change of business process or the technical solution is fit for purpose and managing the acceptance process into the operational business areas. Being an integral part of the Quality Team and helping them succeed in each project. Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery.
- Engineering quality into the data services team and data services products.
- Supporting the and using the quality framework for testing in data services.
- Act as an assurance gateway ensuring any change of business process or technical solution is fit for purpose
- Following the acceptance process into the relevant operational business areas
- Understand and communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical team members
- Responsible for supporting assigned work packages to deliver work to agreed timescales and quality
- Contribute to the continual improvement of quality team and methods
- Promoting & enforcing the effective use of processes and tools within the teams and assigned work packages; proactively recommending improvements and new approaches
- Maintaining an understanding of FCG applications, architecture, and technologies together with a good awareness of the Insurance Industry, FCG clients and commercial activities.
- Development and implementation of improved work practices
Experience & knowledge
- Practical knowledge of testing and testing automation
- Good at working with web-based applications and Azure cloud technologies
- Strong Knowledge of all stages of the database development and test lifecycle
Skills & Qualifications
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and organisation skills
- Able to effectively prioritise your own workload when under pressure
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- ITSQB qualification is desirable
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Resilience with which to lead culture change within data services and the wider business
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .