We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for a talented AD Supplier Manager to join our team in Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
To use analysis, insights and industry experience to ensure the cost effectiveness of supplier managed first party claims. Monitor and evaluate first party claims suppliers to ensure they are delivering against contracted KPIs and SLAs, applying sanctions where appropriate and monitoring effectiveness of remedial activity.
Collaborate with first party suppliers to continually raise performance and look for innovative ways to optimise service delivery. Provide guidance and support to our Procurement team to identify the most cost-effective service provision for first party claims fulfilment.
- Working collaboratively with first party suppliers and operating teams to develop and maintain an effective solution for first party claim fulfilment
- Oversight of all elements of the party supplier performance outcomes (cost, quality and delivery)
- Facilitate regular review of first party supplier performance, in line with agreed audit and monitoring framework
- Support the Head of AD Strategy and Fulfilment to deliver a robust and comprehensive supplier management framework and balanced business scorecard reporting
- Support the Head of Supplier Management and QA with month and quarter end reporting, along with other ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Leverage knowledge and expertise to understand the root causes of performance outcomes & agree appropriate countermeasures with the suppliers or other parties as appropriate
- Work closely with operational colleagues in our first party claims teams to enable escalation of issues and ensure efficient problem resolution
- Collaborate with Procurement and Finance Teams to ensure most effective business model and procedures are in place to fulfil first party claims
- Ownership of first party supplier related performance improvement plans
- Adherence to the Treating Customers Fairly guidelines
- Recommend new ways to reduce costs whilst maintaining quality of service
- Work with the first party suppliers to ensure accurate and timely management information
- Collaborate with first party claim suppliers & other internal stakeholders, driving business improvement strategies and deliver to agreed objectives
- Collaborate with colleagues across the wider performance area to articulate impact of first party supplier performance to indemnity, expense and income
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure effective communication of improvement goals and delivery.
- Maintain and develop current industry knowledge and represent FIRST CENTRAL on relevant industry bodies and fora
Experience & knowledge
- Proven experience of supplier fulfilment for first party claims within the motor insurance industry, across both damage and injury claims
- Proven experience of working with data to drive performance and deliver benefits
- A comprehensive knowledge of first party claims processes, and the associated legal and regulatory frameworks that apply
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding motor claims business models
- Strong structured thinking skills
- A positive and pro-active approach and a willingness to help whilst ensuring key deadlines are achieved
- Excellent communication skills, and a proven ability to manage difficult conversations with stakeholders and their agents
- Willingness to take initiative to solve problems to ensure our customers are treated fairly
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of insight provision into supplier performance
- Demonstrable experience of holding suppliers accountable for performance and driving improvement activity
- Ability to identify commercial and customer opportunity to drive competitive advantage
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement and Change Leadership techniques
- Strong project leadership and management skills
- Excellent workshop and meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Commercially focused and results driven
- Understanding of First Party claims processes and procedures
- Customer Focused.
- Self- Motivation and enthusiastic
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values.
- An organised and proactive approach.
- Takes initiative to make decisions.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Approachable and keen to help others.
- Can present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strives to deliver support to peers, technical audits, individual performance targets all whilst driving business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.