We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
First Central are looking ahead to an exciting 2023 and now recruiting for our January induction and also offering a JOINING BONUS of £500! Would you like a new career in the new year which is Monday to Friday to start on the 9th January in our Salford Quays, Manchester office? Have you worked within a customer service or administration role looking for a step into an office environment? Perhaps you have already worked in a claims handling or a financial services role and looking for a new challenge that offers plenty of progression!
Why not consider ‘First Central’ an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services!
** If you are successful in joining us in our January Claims induction you will receive a joining bonus of £500 after passing your probation period in time to spend on a summer holiday!! **
- Full Training (6 weeks) in our Manchester office to start on the 9th January!
- Generous basic salary between £19,253 to £25,700 – Depending on experience
- Monday to Friday hours with NO WEEKENDS
- Flexible hybrid working from home pattern after passing probation
- Clear level 1 to 4 progression and support
- Fully supportive team throughout
- Fantastic company benefits
- £100 off your car insurance!
- A fun, vibrant and busy place to work!
We’re now looking for several Motor Claims Handlers to join us in our Manchester January 2023 induction course working in our FNOL Claims team in a busy customer service phone based role.
If you have excellent customer service skills and compassionate we’d love to hear from you!
Motor Claims Handler responsibilities:
- You will be the first point of call via telephone for a customer who has been involved in a motor accident
- Proactively record, process and settle First Notification of Loss motor claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and maintain files within our service standards
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy and be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers and all relevant third party representatives
- Adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA, AML and Anti Bribery principles, and ensure all direct reports are compliant
- Be compliant with health and safety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with company standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Motor Claims Handler Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience from a Customer Service role
- Knowledge from a Motor Claims environment (Desirable)
- Understanding of motor insurance processes and the end-to-end customer claims process
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Complaint resolution is essential
- Coaching/training experience desirable
- Good Liability Knowledge and a confident challenger
- Understanding of engineer’s reports
- Excellent communication, time management and organisation skills
- Desire to learn and develop through continuous training
- Embrace, embed and incorporate our Company Values
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Talent team.