We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Performance Analyst to join our Performance Function team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester.
The successful candidate will need to utilise data and insights to drive performance in our operating teams across a wide range of key deliverables including but not limited to, customer centricity, productivity, quality and cost.
You'll also be required to support the Senior Performance Analyst (SPA) with regular reporting and action planning to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Working closely with our operational teams to develop and deliver data led performance discussion and tracking, aligned to individual and department wide objectives.
- Utilise numerous data sources to develop deep insights into operational performance across the balanced scorecard and regular reporting against KPIs/SLAs
- Support the SPA with delivery of clear frontline performance metrics aligned to business targets and objectives
- Analysis of performance trends to identify performance variation, opportunities and risks
- Present and visualise analysis so that it can be clearly understood and adds value to the business
- Support the SPA in sessions with operational managers to highlight risks and opportunities, identify actions and track progress (Plan, Do, Check, Act)
- Work with the operational teams to make recommendations to drive step changes in performance, following this through to delivery
- Support the SPA with month and quarter end performance reporting and commentaries
- Support the SPA in completing mid and end of year appraisal analysis and performance distributions
- Work closely with colleagues in Finance to track and evidence delivery of benefits across expense, income and indemnity
- Support the wider Performance team as appropriate, leveraging skills and capabilities to respond to business needs
Experience & knowledge
- Proven experience of data mining, transformation, synthesis and reporting
- Proven experience of using data and insights to drive operational performance
- Excellent knowledge of motor sales and claims processes, and awareness of the key levers for cost, quality, time and effort
- Experience of using data and insights to lead performance discussions and formulating recommendations for improvement
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Understanding of variation analysis to isolate cohorts of differing performance
- Able to develop relationships and work with others to drive desired outcomes
- The ability to work under pressure, dealing with multiple tasks or requests simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, working to create and achieve shared objectives.
- Ability to disseminate technical information and present comprehensively.
Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced level use of MS Office applications
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to present and visualise data to a high quality and adapt for wide range of audience
- Problem solving skills and ability to think creatively to overcome data challenges
- An understanding of Lean / Continuous Improvement tools, thinking and methodologies
- Ability to communicate risks and issues at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Commercially focused and results driven
- Understanding of Motor insurance industry
- Customer Focused
- Self- Motivation and enthusiastic
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values
- Champions the recognition of great performance
- Team player
- An organised and proactive approach
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Speaks with facts and data, not opinion
- Can present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strives to deliver support to peers
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .