We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We have a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Team Leader to join our Performance Team in either Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
In this role you will report to the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager, providing motivational direction to the Quality Assurance Co-ordinators and ensure that the team follow procedures and carry out their duties efficiently. You will ensure the company’s products and services are accurately presented to customers at all times in accordance with all relevant regulations. You will also create an atmosphere of professionalism and mutual support among employees, and support in the delivery of the overall business plan.
This will be a hybrid position so once all training is complete you will be required to be in the office 1 day per week and the rest of the week working from home.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Experience working in a Claims setting
- Experience leading a team
- Ideally have Quality Assurance experience although this is not essential
- Responsibility for the day to day management of the QA department by effective resource planning and efficient delivery of the QA service to the business
- Ensure that the team maintain accurate, appropriate and consistent records of all their tasks. Carry out regular checks to validate and enhance existing controls.
- Ensure all required internal and external (supplier) audits are completed within agreed SLA’s and management are provided with agreed action plans aimed at positively influencing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Offer a competent level of technical support to the QA team and all other departments.
Support in risk mitigation and management control frameworks, highlighting any regulatory breaches to the QA Manager.
- Conduct regular calibration sessions with the QA Co-ordinators, in accordance with set objectives, ensuring the team are following Company’s policies and procedures at all times and are compliant with all relevant regulations (including TCF principles).
- Set SMART objectives for the Co-ordinators, provide support and deliver coaching and feedback to the team to achieve agreed KPI’s and adhere to agreed SLA’s.
- Mentor and provide clear direction to QA Co-ordinators and conduct regular performance reviews and annual appraisals, documenting all conversations as per agreed processes.
- Deal with all employee matters including monitoring absence, supporting the disciplinary process, and resolving employee issues with support from the QA Manager and HR when required.
- Assist the recruitment process and the training of new team members, or re-training of current employees when required.
- Provide the team with feedback on company performance and ensure they are kept up to date with all changes in products, price and underwriting changes
- Document processes and procedures for the team and proactively identify improvements to these, actively promoting Continuous Improvement and encouraging the team to raise bugs
- Provide feedback on all QA activities to the QA Manager on weekly basis, assisting the Manager with updating of relevant team reports and statistics.
- Work closely with other teams and departments to ensure consistency and best practice, managing any disputes and queries. Hold monthly consistency sessions with Team Leaders from each area and evidence through meeting minutes.
- Support in managing the relationship with key suppliers and attend visits when required
- Deputise for the QA Manager in their absence
Experience & knowledge
- Experience of working within a Quality Assurance environment, preferably within the motor insurance industry and/or financial services
- Experience of meeting targets and KPIs within a regulated environment
- Experience of supporting and supervising a team
- Proven expo A sound knowledge of insurance products and personal lines insurance
- Comprehensive understanding of regulatory requirements and company principles (including TCF) following appropriate training
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations
- Knowledge of FCA requirements
- Exposure in a Financial Services regulated environment
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Leadership and management skills, and ability to motivate employees in a high pressurised environment
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Great customer service skills
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Good organisational skills and be able to multitask
- Strong IT skills within Microsoft office, particularly in Excel
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Demonstrate, embrace, embed and promote the Company Values
- An organised and proactive approach
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Approachable and keen to help others
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.