We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Are you engaging and collaborative? Forward thinking and meticulous? Passionate about continuous improvement? These are just some of the skills you'll bring to the team, to be our Quality Assurance Assessor, in Haywards Heath.
So what do the Quality Assurance team do? Well in this role you’ll ensure that all policies and procedures are being followed. This means making sure all First Central employees are operating at the required competency and meeting regulatory requirements. We’re all about people, so you’ll contribute to positive improvements to customer experience and outcomes, with more of a focus in our Fraud / Policy Analysis areas.
Do you thrive to ensure the best customer service and outcome is given? This could be you!
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- Experience in a Quality Assurance role
- Fraud knowledge
- Personal Injury experience within motor insurance
You’ll be with us for 12 months on a fixed term contract sharing your expert advice with colleagues, and line managers. Quality is ‘your thing’, so you’ll be great at giving clear guidance and making sure our compliance is solid.
- You’ll conduct quality assurance assessments and cross validations as required
- You’ll ensure KPI’s and SLA’s are achieved including timely and accurate delivery of all tasks and reports
- You’ll be rolling up your sleeves to identify and assist with continuous development of departmental processes and procedures and drive improvement to support the achievement of business objectives
- You’ll support with external supplier reviews
- You’ll analyse adequacy of identified risk and the reliability and adherence to internal controls
- First Central values collaboration and teamwork, so you’ll be working collaboratively with all teams and colleagues, ensuring consistency to quality assurance approach and best practice within the team
- You’ll provide positive and constructive feedback to colleagues and suppliers, building and maintaining respectful relationships with all colleagues, working closely with other departments and supporting them as and when required…there’s that collaboration we were talking about!
- You’ll actively promote continuous improvement and raise bugs when your eagle eye identifies them
- You’ll demonstrate the company’s values and appropriate behaviours
- You’ll get stuck in and contribute to any ad hoc projects or policy updates as required
- Our most valuable asset is you, you’ll be responsible for your personal development and knowledge management, updating 121/appraisal documentation within required timeframes
- Providing coaching to employees
- Working in a quality assurance environment including risk and controls principles, focusing on customer outcomes
- Problem solving and continuous improvement principles
- Data analysis and translation of management information to tangible actions
- Private motor vehicle insurance industry, ideally in both policy and claims environments
- Working in a financial services regulated environment Sound knowledge of insurance policy and claims principles
- Comprehensive understanding of regulatory requirements and company policies
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- ACII Qualification (desired).
- Customer focused
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the team and business
- Business acumen
- Self- motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach, working well under pressure
- A flexible approach and positive attitude, keen to help others
- Ensures great attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in recording and reporting
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate the company’s values and appropriate behaviours
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
The people in First Central make this a great place to work. Interested? What are you waiting for apply today and take the next step in finding your dream job.
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.