We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Fancy making a difference in a company that’s changing insurance for good? If you’re a fast-paced, ambitious team player who gets great things done you’ll fit right in here.
We’re looking for a Senior Internal Communication & Engagement Executive who’ll be responsible for driving the delivery of the overarching internal communications, engagement, and culture strategies for specific teams across First Central’s landscape. You’ll manage campaigns, events and initiatives end-to-end, having a direct impact of eNPS, product advocacy and retention…just to name a few.
This role sits within the Internal Communications and Culture team whilst having ownership of several sites each with their own culture and purpose. Travel is a key part of this role, along with flexibility, an understanding of contact centres and solid experience in internal communications and engagement is key to the success of this role.
We believe in working flexibly, so you'll spend most of your time working from home, with a day a week in the office (so living close to one of our offices based in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex, Salford Quays, Manchester, Guernsey, or Gibraltar would be perfect). But of course, it’s your choice - if you prefer to be in the office more - that's good with us too.
You'll be the perfect person for us if:
- You enjoy travelling as part of your job, this will include UK and overseas travel.
- Are flexible and able to commit to staying away when required (can be for up to a week per trip)
- You understand contact centres and have solid experience of internal communications and engagement.
- Have good stakeholder management skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Keeping us on the right track. Together
- Manage and implement the local internal communications and engagement plans in line with the Group’s overarching strategy.
- Work with the wider team to curate and develop communications that are relevant to each individual site and culture.
- Write, edit, and proof copy across all channels, ensuring that it’s appropriate for the channel and in line with our brand and tone of voice.
- Host in-person, virtual and hybrid events to support engagement, product launches, celebrations, social activities, and strategic plans.
- Deploy creative thinking and utilise design understanding to create concepts that align with our brands.
- Advocate our brand as an ambassador that works with the guidelines and champions the values of our business.
- Build effective relationships with senior stakeholders, working groups and committees to help drive engagement, influencing and educating colleagues on our brand, values, and strategy.
- Adapt and evolve processes that reflect the culture, protect the company in terms of insurance/health and safety/PR and report back on all ROI.
- Work with business and industry data to inform plans and strategies.
- Own merchandise locally; ordering, designing, and implementing.
- Deputise for the Internal Communications Manager and provide guidance and support to the other team members as appropriate.
- Track success of all activity by documenting results, reviewing data, evaluating effectiveness and engagement, and highlighting opportunities to increase impact.
- Run colleague surveys (inside and outside of Peakon), creating and managing the process end-to-end, including action plans and supporting committees.
- Drive recognition at different levels, in different teams to support ROI and overarching goals.
- Managing local budgets.
Experience & knowledge
- Strong knowledge and a solid background in an internal communications role and engagement in the Financial Services Industry.
- Knowledge of call centre operations.
- Educated to degree level, qualifications in English, business, or communications preferable.
- Good understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and working knowledge of SharePoint.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent creative written and spoken skills and feel confident writing for a variety of
- You will have first-class drafting, proof-reading, and editing skills, and be able to write and produce compelling and engaging content under pressure and at short notice, while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Highly organised and proactive - able to juggle and prioritise a busy workload.
- Professional and calm under pressure.
- Good administration skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid experience of co-ordinating projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Enthusiasm, can-do attitude, and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Collaborative approach, working as one team with the wider internal communications team.
- Able to anticipate next steps and proactive in taking actions to address them.
- A strong relationship builder who can manage partnerships at all levels.
- An outgoing, and driven individual.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business.
Ambitious team players can make their mark here. Sound like you? You’ll fit right in
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.