We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Opportunity: 6 month Returnship as part of the Insurance Cross Company 2024 Returner Programme
Start Date: 7th May 2024
Apply by: ASAP, latest 29th February 2024
Are you looking to get back to work after a break of 18 months or more? Interested in a 6-month Career Returners Programme that can help you update your skills, boost your confidence, and kickstart your career?
First Central is delighted to be participating in the Insurance Cross Company 2024 Returner Programme, providing supported routes back to employment for individuals returning to work. Supported by Career Returners (previously Women Returners), First Central are offering a 6 month paid placement starting in May 2024. Full transition support is provided to help you navigate your way back to employment. Applications are open now and will close on 29th February.
The programme offers a professionally paid placement of 6 months, from May to November 2024.
There will be a strong likelihood of a permanent role at the end of the programme.
To support your transition back into the workplace, you will receive an internal mentor and a buddy for your day-to-day questions.
You will benefit from Career Returners’ Coaching Programme throughout your time on the programme.
As part of the Insurance cross-company programme, you will have a ready-made peer support group of other returners re-entering the Insurance sector.
As Data Business Analyst, you’ll be responsible for the successful analysis and capture of data specific requirements that will form technical design and build work packages for one or several agile data product teams. Working with agility, a mindset of experimentation and iterative value delivery, you'll develop high quality robust data user stories, data mock-ups and wireframes, business data definitions, data mapping artefacts and play a key role in the user acceptance testing of developed solutions.
- Responsible for developing clear, robust, and accurate data specific user stories and requirements.
- Conducting thorough data business analysis, including challenging perceptions and embedded thinking, to ensure that data requirements move the business forward and achieve outcomes.
- Facilitate workshops and deliver presentations to capture requirements and generate feedback.
- Act as an internal consultant, interpreting user requests and where appropriate, making suggestions for better/alternative ways of obtaining and presenting the required information.
- Create wireframes, mock-ups and POCs as part of the requirements process to validate needs and feasibility.
- Apply agile and lean practices into all aspects of your work, seeking to optimise flow and reduce wait time wherever possible.
- Agree business data definitions as part of the requirement process, that inform both the technical design and support the implementation of the data governance standards.
- Create data mapping artefacts, including definition of transformations required, to inform the design and build process.
- Become a trusted Data SME for the data subject areas and business domains in which you work.
- Work alongside data engineering to quickly address points of clarification, iterate requirements, and facilitate business engagement where necessary.
Your experience and skills:
- A strong background in data requirement elicitation using agile practices, and broad understanding of data visualisation, data engineering and data governance.
- Experience of planning and facilitating workshops of varying size.
- Experience of influencing and managing stakeholders, with the ability to communicate key messages across multiple areas of the business
- Experience of analytics platforms such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qliksense etc
- Experience in creating data user stories as part of agile delivery methods
- Use of collaboration and agile software management tools such as Confluence, Azure DevOps, Jira
- Good grounding in agile software change practices, ideally in a data function.
- Versed in functional/non-functional requirements gathering and definition.
- Able to confidently act as interface between delivery / technical and non-technical colleagues.
You belong with us. How do we know? Because we appreciate difference. You're unique, just like us! Here at First Central we not only welcome but actively encourage our colleagues to be authentic at work. After all, it’s their right and it’s our superpower. We put people first. Always.
So, what’s making our colleagues so happy? It’s simple really. Our policies are designed by people, for people. Our colleagues don’t put their lives on pause when they come into the office (or when they login if they’re hybrid working) and nor should they.
We’re flexible; you mix office and home working; some roles are even remote! We work fluidly around core hours – but it’s your choice if you like to be in the office more, that’s good with us too!
To apply for this programme, you must have the right to work in the UK. Sponsorship will not be provided.
Your career break must be 18 months or more as of May 2024. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a minimum 18 month period.
How to Apply:
To apply to the programme, please submit your CV by clicking on the Apply button.
Please ensure your career break is clearly highlighted on your CV.
If you have any questions on the programme, email Talent@first-central.com
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.