We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
We work and play hard. We mix fast pace with fun. We get things done. Join us and fly.
We’re looking for a Culture Analyst to join our People team. We recognise our people are our biggest asset; that’s why we listen, respond, and grow. This role is pivotal to the colleague experience and will support company-wide and specific cultural measures and the continuous improvement to support it for all parts of the colleague journey.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications and Culture, you’ll manage our cultural data and drive improvements. We’re looking for somebody who has a passion for people and data who will track and analyse data across several platforms to enhance our colleague experience. A key part of this role will be supporting business areas with specific challenges, presenting to senior leaders, coaching to get the right actions in place and tracking the results.
We believe in working flexibly, so you'll spend most of your time working from home, with a day a week in the office (so living close to one of our offices based in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex, Salford Quays, Manchester, Guernsey, or Gibraltar would be perfect). But of course, it’s your choice - if you prefer to be in the office more - that's good with us too.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Love analysing data.
- Have strong stakeholder skills and enjoy presenting ideas.
- Possess continuous improvement skills.
- Have a passion for a great colleague experience.
- Can coach and mentor colleagues.
People first, Always
- Develop and own the culture data strategy across the business.
- Monitor and conduct deep dive analysis into trends across the business and including external channels, competitors, etc.
- Take full ownership of Peakon including but not limited to managing pulse surveys, creating reports, developing internal process, manging the system, increasing utilisation.
- Working alongside HR BPs to drive improvements and take learnings from pillars across the business.
- Present results alongside recommendations to senior stakeholders across the business on specific measures.
- Provide positive and constructive feedback to colleagues and teams across the Group and third parties.
- Identify and lead with continuous development of departmental processes and procedures and drive improvement to support the achievement of business objectives. Support with business-wide groups where applicable too.
- Work with the wider team to produce quarterly reports to support future activity and focus.
- Track and analyse data on external platforms that impact the colleague journey including but not limited to Glassdoor, LinkedIn, and our careers site to help develop content and impact strategy.
- Utilise data sources from other internal channels to support People-focused projects, on-boarding, and the employer brand.
- Create detailed reports and presentations that tell a story and influence.
- Report on external trend inside and outside the sector to support with the colleague experience.
- Identify, capture, escalate and appropriately manage risks and issues.
- Some travel involved.
- Coach others to develop and enhance their knowledge.
- Creation of dashboards.
- Managing local budgets.
Experience & knowledge
- Educated to degree level, in either a people-led or data qualification.
- Knowledge/qualification in continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of 365.
- Ideally experience with Google Analytics, Workday, Peakon.
- Providing coaching to employees and or suppliers.
- Proven track record of use of analytical skills and the ability to summarise. and problem solve complex issues.
- Experience of using data and insights to lead performance discussions and formulating recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to disseminate technical information and present comprehensively.
Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for the colleague experience.
- Excellent creative written and spoken skills and feel confident writing for a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to propose a number of different creative solutions to a problem.
- Speaking, influencing, and coaching leaders.
- Highly organised and proactive - able to juggle and prioritise a busy workload.
- Professional and calm under pressure.
- Excellent workshop and meeting facilitator.
- Good administration skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid experience of co-ordinating projects.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Focused and results driven.
- Enthusiasm, can-do attitude, and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Collaborative approach, working across multiple functions and pillars.
- Able to anticipate next steps and proactive in taking actions to address them.
- A strong relationship builder who can manage partnerships at all levels.
- An outgoing, and driven individual.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business.
- Relentlessly focussed on improvement of the team, processes, and oneself.
500 brilliant people like you joined us last year. We need more. Come check us out!
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.