We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
We're on the lookout for a Procurement Business Partner who knows the ins and outs of Commercial & Marketing categories in the insurance world. Sound like you? Read on!
Collaborating with business stakeholders, you'll plan and lead on procurement activity, developing, implementing and maintaining Category Plans that align with our strategic objectives. Bringing your expert knowledge and skills to the table, you'll deliver advice that gets us the best deal, minimises risk and aligns with our business needs.
With solid demonstrable experience within a complex and regulated environment, you'll manage the end-to-end procurement process including supplier assessment and ongoing due diligence. You'll be a pro in negotiating critical contracts, minimising business risk and maximising commercial benefit through scale and relationships.
Who loves a flexible hybrid approach to work - we do! Ideally you'll be commutable to Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester, you'll spend most of your time working from home, with a day a week in the office. But of course, it’s your choice - if you prefer to be in the office more - that's good with us too.
We’d love to have you on the team if you:
- have got excellent knowledge of procurement strategy development and execution across a broad range of categories
- hold a degree or an equivalent professional qualification - if you've got MCIPS qualification thats a bonus!
- have stakeholder management and relationship building skills that are top notch
- can identify cost saving opportunities through your analytical skills
- Develop, implement, and maintain Category Plans aligned to the strategic objectives of the Commercial & Marketing category, utilising market knowledge/insight to challenge the status quo and drive operational and commercial benefit
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the Commercial & Marketing category space including the development of market intelligence/insights in line with Category Plans
- Deliver cost savings that contribute to meeting agreed team targets, focussing on Group EBITDA improvements through the delivery of hard cash benefits, as well as tracking cost avoidance activity.
- Build great relationships with business stakeholders, acting as a trusted partner to provide an excellent procurement service and deliver on strategic plans
- Use procurement knowledge, expertise and best practice to develop, maintain and execute the procurement plan in agreement with the business area(s) assigned
- To provide quality advice and guidance to internal customers on all aspects of the procurement process, supported by expert technical knowledge including relevant legislation and best practice
- Undertake effective regular reviews with stakeholders to monitor, review and update Category Plans
- Take ownership of the review timetable of contractual agreements within the assigned business area(s), ensuring they continue to meet business requirements and objectives
- Utilise deep understanding of industry, supplier dynamics and market trends to determine sources of leverage
- Identify, manage, and mitigate commercial and operational risks and issues to support the delivery for a robust and effective procurement service
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, stakeholders, and the wider business areas to understand needs and requirements and ensure the provision of effective advice and services
- Structure and lead procurement activity to ensure value for money is constantly achieved with the most appropriate supplier partners
- Provide regular reporting and updates on agreed procurement activity for the business area(s) assigned
- Provide information to the Group Head of Strategic Procurement, Outsourcing and Supplier Management and/or Strategic Procurement Manager to assist in the forecasting, re-forecasting, and on-going reporting on budgets as and when required
- Provide procurement support to other business areas as required
Experience & knowledge
- Solid demonstrable experience in leading procurement activity in Commercial and Marketing categories within a complex and regulated environment
- Experienced in the formulisation and implementation of procurement strategies, managing the end-to-end procurement process including supplier assessment and ongoing due diligence
- Experienced in negotiating critical contracts whilst minimising business risk and maximising commercial benefit through scale and relationships
- Able to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines whilst delivering to a high standard
- Demonstrable experience of both stakeholder and people management
- Excellent knowledge of procurement strategy development and execution across a broad range of categories
- Excellent knowledge of contract formation
- Knowledge of motor insurance products and the motor insurance industry
Skills & Qualifications
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Educated to degree level or holding an equivalent professional qualification
- MCIPS qualification or equivalent desirable
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Advanced negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills to identify cost saving opportunity
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Commercially focussed and results driven
- Takes ownership to ensure delivery of objectives
- Ability to lead and influence
- Embrace, embed, and incorporate the Company values
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
If you're ready to roll up your sleeves, dive in, take the lead and help us deliver best-in-class procurement strategies, get in touch. We can't wait to see what you can do!
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.