We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Fancy a career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? If so, this could be your lucky day! We’re looking for a Household Technical Pricing Analyst to join our Underwriting team in Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey or Gibraltar.
Building on First Central’s success in UK Motor Insurance, we are now launching a Home Insurance product. So we're looking to recruit a bright and innovative analyst to help price this product. Our aspiration is to grow a market leading product in both scale and quality.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved with a product from its very infancy helping to develop and implement advanced pricing models.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- strong mathematical skills – with a minimum 2:1 degree in a numerical subject
- demonstable experience of statistical modelling (e.g., using R, Python, SAS, or Emblem)
- an understanding of insurance pricing.
- Development of pricing models
- Identifying and assessing new data sources.
- Implementation of new pricing models.
- Monitor, maintain and improve pricing models.
- Development of underwriting rules.
- Engaging with other stakeholders in the project team.
- Always ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations (including TCF).
- Presenting work to wider stakeholders.
Job Specific Competencies:
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Strong IT skills with programming skills (e.g., R, C++, Matlab, or Python).
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- A desire to learn and innovate
- Broad knowledge of statistical methods and techniques
Demonstrable Behaviours of:
- Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability
- Commercially focussed
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Quick learner
- Able to transfer skills and knowledge to others
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
Aligned to the values of Ambition; Agility; Ownership; Collaboration
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.