We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need an In House Engineer to join our Claims Customer team in Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
The role will entail providing an exceptional quality of service to our customers, both internal and external by using effective methods to accurately value and categories vehicles that are deemed beyond economical repair or are stolen and recovered. This is a customer-centric role entailing regular engagement with the customer and talking them through the process, whilst also setting expectations.
It’s an exciting and rewarding position for a Motor Insurance Engineer looking for their next move!
- Negotiate settlement of motor vehicles and liaise directly with customers
- Audit and evaluate performance of repairer, making recommendations regarding repair quality, repair costs and customer service
- In the management of non-approved repairers, provide a complete triage solution
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with a range of suppliers
- Provide technical guidance to the Claims teams in accordance with agreed service levels and on occasions other areas within the business. Support the Claims staff, offer solutions and make decisions in any aspects relating to the accidental damage/third party engineering element of a claim.
- Identify fraudulent activity through investigative practice and liaison with Claims colleagues, to correctly identify and advise on vehicle modifications which are non-standard to original equipment
- Support all aspects of the business in order to assist in the claims process for both insured and third party in order to expedite settlement and minimise cost
- Ensure all work is carried out within agreed KPIs and SLAs
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance to our company values
- Knowledge of relevant legislation – Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) Financial Services Authority (FSA) Data Protection Act (DPA)
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Proven experience of working in a motor vehicle estimating / motor engineering environment
- Influencing, negotiation and relationship building
- Strong Claims Knowledge
- Excellent time management skills
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new skills
- Competent understanding of insurance principals
- Extensive vehicle make up knowledge
- Good working knowledge of vehicle types, makes and models
- A comprehensive knowledge of motor vehicles, modern repair techniques, estimating methods, technology and equipment used in the vehicle repair environment.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the IAEA.
- Commercially focussed
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .