We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Are you an expert communicator with eagle eyed attention to detail? Do you have experience working in a financial admin role within the Insurance sector? If so we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone to join our Performance team as a Invoice Network Support Handler in our Haywards Heath, West Sussex office.
In this role you’ll be support the processing, payment and bookkeeping for the groups payable and receivable ledgers for the group and its subsidiaries. You’ll perform key transactional reconciliation activity across business and finance systems to ensure timely and accurate information is maintained in the financial ledgers.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the daily bookkeeping is maintained inline with internal policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate financial information is representative of the business performance.
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to communicate clearly with all levels of stakeholders
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Insurance sector
- Handle supplier queries and disputes with appropriate business engagement in a timely and professional manner
- Adherence to the Group accounting policies and procedures
- Support activities in other finance teams as required
- Provide general administration duties for the engineer’s team
- Manage the Non-Network repair invoice process
- Dealing with ongoing repair and total loss cases and assisting with any issues that may arise
- Process customer e mails and enquiries
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times (including TCF)
- Any other reasonable duties
- Administration experience from financial services or a similar background
- Ability to understand the motor claims administration processes (Desirable)
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF)
- Understanding of claims in motor insurance (Desirable)
- A good level of oral and written communication skills, communicating effectively with managers, colleagues and external supplier
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Work effectively under pressure and think clearly and logically in challenging situations
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise own work
- Preferable industry knowledge of the financial services / regulated industry in the UK
- Awareness of internal and external fraud that is prevalent in finance departments and the financial services sector
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Embrace, embed, and incorporate the Company Values
- An organised and proactive approach
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to undertake some heavy lifting
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.