We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Are you a collaborative and strategic leader? Passionate about customer experience, in particular journey mapping, customer communication and researching - sound like you? Then how about joining us as a Senior Customer Experience Manager in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester reporting to our Head of Customer Experience.
You will be a trusted strategic leader that helps define, create and execute the organisation’s target customer experience (CX) across the enterprise. You will support and work collaboratively with the Head of Customer Experience to create a compelling CX Strategy that connects the purpose, vision, and commercial objectives of the organisation to how we build a sustained relationship with customers across the lifecycle. The success of the role depends on a high level of collaboration, influencing, and communication with stakeholders across the enterprise to design and execute customer experience improvements.
Working flexibly, you'll spend most of your time working from home, with a day a week in the office (so living close to Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester would be perfect). But of course, it’s your choice - if you prefer to be in the office more - that's good with us too.
And our success? Well, that’s entirely down to our talented people, who we know, are our biggest asset. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
- Work collaboratively with the Customer Leadership team in the design and execution of the organisation’s CX strategy that can be scaled in line with the organisation’s growth and diversification strategy, ensuring alignment with senior stakeholders across the enterprise
- Play a pivotal role in driving a customer-centric environment within the business, embedding the target Customer Experience across all colleague and customer touchpoints through a robust business partnering approach
- Implement a customer journey mapping framework that will design and document our current and future state journeys, facilitate the ongoing identification of customer painpoints and, aligned with VoC and business insight, identify enterprise wide customer experience improvements that deliver good customer and business outcomes
- Develop and execute clear principles on how macro and micro journeys are designed and optimised, partnering with key stakeholders across the business to ensure alignment
- Sponsor and shape programmes of work for transforming and optimising our customer experience under the umbrella of the Customer Business Change Portfolio and CI Forum, reviewing customer outcomes, building investment cases were necessary and being accountable for benefit profiles and realisation
- Ensure customer practices and processes are compliant with all regulatory requirements (including Consumer Duty and Vulnerable Customer), and that company policies, risk and control registers are up-to-date and fit for purpose
- Ensure good governance of the organisation’s customer communications both through our SmartComms platform (creating and maintaining compliant letter templates), as well as agent call guides, briefing notes and knowledge content management
- To be the Customer response to Crisis & Incident Management, ensuring that Customer (including Vulnerable Customers) is forefront in the rectification planning
- To have management oversight of the organisation’s Customer Voice programme and other tracking of leading indicators of CX performance (e.g. Trustpilot) which can be benchmarked across the industry, and leverage that insight to drive continuous improvement of the customer experience
- Lead a team, conducting the full range of people management duties (performance management, recruitment etc) as well as building the team’s skillset and capability
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties
Experience and Knowledge:
- Significant experience in a Customer Experience management role within a medium/large enterprise
- Demonstrable track record of delivering compelling customer experience outcomes, preferably within a regulated environment
- Expertise in customer experience design, in particular journey mapping, customer communication and customer research
- Strong knowledge of customer experience sector including consumer and market trends and customer technologies
- Knowledge of FCA regulations and requirements preferred
- Ability to translate the needs of the business to an excellent customer experience
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to inspire and coach across all levels
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to rapidly quantify opportunities and risk to inform the prioritisation of activity
- Ability to think creatively with an attitude that inspires colleagues to turn ideas into reality
- Workshop design and facilitation
- Ability to think in a structured way to solve problems and capitalise on opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to present complex issues to a wide range of stakeholders up to C-suite
- Customer focused with the ability to help deliver an organisational-wide customer centric culture
- Results driven with a constant eye on the prize
- Empathetic and collaborative approach to leadership with an ability to get the best out of a wide range of stakeholders
- A driven attitude to deliver change and rapidly overcome obstacles
- An agile approach to project management and able to rapidly react to changes in business priorities to take advantage of emerging business and customer opportunities
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.