We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Do you have a general understanding of the insurance world as well as a passion for all things motor vehicle? If so, this could be your lucky day!
We’re looking for a Valuation Settlement Handler to join our Performance Function team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
In this role you’ll be collaborating with the existing engineering team and will be responsible for the valuation and settlement of vehicles which have been deemed beyond economical repair or have been stolen and unrecovered.
You’ll ensure that claims are settled in the most appropriate manner by engaging with the customer to establish a correct market position for the vehicle, utilising vehicle valuation guides along with extensive market research.
You’ll also be required to support all aspects of the business in order to assist in the claims process for both insured and third party in order expedite settlement and minimise cost.
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- General knowledge and interest in motor vehicles
- General understanding of insurance principles and practices
- Negotiate settlement of motor vehicles with third parties of motor vehicles
- Ensure work is completed within business SLA’s and in line with policies and processes.
- Liaise directly with customers over the phone regarding motor vehicles
- Effectively and appropriately communicate with customers and third parties ensuring complex decisions are communicated taking into account the recipient’s level of technical understanding.
- Identify fraudulent activity through investigative practice and liaison with claims colleagues, to correctly identify and advise on vehicle modifications which are non-standard to original equipment
- Support all aspects of the business in order to assist in the claims process for both insured and third party in order expedite settlement and minimise cost
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with our company values
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties
- Extensive vehicle make up knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Influencing, negotiation and relationship building
- Solid claims knowledge
- Competent understanding of insurance principals
- Knowledge of relevant legislation – Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) Financial Services Authority (FSA) Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organisation skills
- Commercially focussed
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards shared team and company objectives
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to make recommendations for business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new skills
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.