We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our growing Finance team in Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
The successful candidate will need to be a trusted advisor and assist the business to drive value by proactively influencing business decisions and strategy through the provision of key information and challenge.
You’ll confidently drive business improvements and contribute to the success of the business, whilst acting as a catalyst in driving forward initiatives critical to delivering the strategy.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Hold a qualification in ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Have demonstrated Finance business partnering experience
- Have experience of driving the creation of the annual budget and quarterly reforecast for the pillar, gathering relevant data and helping to determine assumption development across the plan period
- Stakeholder management at multiple levels
- Identify and understand business strategy and provide highly relevant insight into pillar performance
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of key business performance indicators (KPIs) and be able to draw conclusions from the suite of KPIs available
- Add value through support and challenge of the business in all commercial decision making, providing financial analysis support as necessary
- Ensure the change initiatives are correctly reflected in the budgets and forecasts
- Ensure the internal IT development for the initiatives is correctly reflected in the budgets and forecasts
- Partner with the senior leadership team to deliver accurate financial information to aid decision making and maximise shareholder value and return
- Work cross functionally with business managers to align targets and challenge business performance
- Provide business expertise into accounting processes
- Be an ambassador for the Finance function
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Degree educated
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Significant post-qualification experience, ideally within the insurance industry
- Detailed knowledge of the insurance underwriting principles and practices
- Understanding of the links to Claims performance and reserving
- Familiar with the modelling techniques employed by underwriters
- Driven and proactive, a self-starter who is enthusiastic
- A team player with the ability to forge relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Deadline driven
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .