We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
We run on people power. Come and join us!
If you're bold and driven and have a passion for making sure your colleagues get the best experience possible, take a look at what it'd be like to join our People team as the Internal Communications and Engagement Manager.
You’ll lead the development and implementation of the internal communications programme, making sure our colleagues are informed and motivated to help achieve First Central’s strategic objectives. Alongside this, you’ll be driving our company culture, embedding our corporate values, recognition programmes, wellbeing agenda, and generally be delivering a compelling people experience that makes First Central a Great Place to Work!
We're looking for someone who will bring a creative mind-set, is self-motivated and extremely target driven. You'll have a great team to work with, so you'd be perfect if you're flexible whilst also motivating the team in those busy and pressured times. We believe in working flexibly, so you'll spend most of your time working from home, with a day a week in the office (so living close to Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester would be perfect). But of course, it’s your choice - if you prefer to be in the office more - that's good with us too.
You'll be the perfect person for us if:
- You have first-class drafting, proof-reading, and editing skills.
- Have experience leading an Internal Communications function.
- A passion for driving change and innovation.
- You thrive working in an ambitious, fast-paced environment.
- You've previously managed a team of people.
Making it happen. Together.
- Devise and implement an internal communications and engagement programme so colleagues feel connected to First Central, its vision and values and are proud to work for the Company.
- Create compelling content that meets the needs of our audiences (including third parties) and make sure that internal communications align with wider external marketing communications.
- Support communications and steer on external platforms such as Glassdoor and the careers website.
- Manage and develop communications across several digital and physical channels.
- Work with the senior leadership team and other senior stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging, with information shared in a timely and engaging approach.
- Own and deliver engagement programmes including but not limited to Community, Wellbeing and Social.
- Oversee and support internal events.
- Responsible for our colleague feedback approach including annual colleague survey, pulse surveys, and other surveys and focus groups as appropriate. Analyse engagement data to identify trends, insights and hot-spots and translate into a set of recommendations for the leadership team.
- Gather insight and evaluate data to measure the impact of our colleague communications and engagement activities and therefore driving continuous improvement for the function.
- Lead the Employer Value Proposition (EVP)/ Employer Brand approach.
- Manage colleague recognition schemes such as Leading the Way and Appreciation Stations
- Support with accreditation and award submissions such as Great Places to Work
- Responsible for maintaining the internal comms sections of the Crisis Communications Continuity Plan and managing the communication response to our colleagues and community in crisis situations.
- Assist with the preparation of timely budgets and re-forecasts.
Job Specific Competencies:
Experience, Skills & knowledge
- Experience in managing an Internal Communications function.
- Strong experience of designing and implementing colleague engagement activities and events.
- Preferable experience in financial services sector.
- Budget management.
- Experience presenting to senior leadership.
- Excellent creative written and spoken skills and feel confident writing for a variety of audiences and formats sticking to an agreed style and tone of voice.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, then apply today and see what a brilliant place it is to work here at First Central!
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.