We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Do you love solving problems and fixing things? Fancy joining a company where it’s fun to do the things you love?
We’re looking for a Technical Support Technician who’ll join our energetic fast-paced team in Salford Quays, Manchester where you’ll be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and technical support to our customers, as well as escalating complex issues to the appropriate team. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining accurate records of customer interactions, ensuring customer satisfaction, and delivering an exceptional customer experience and resolution within agreed SLA, managing multiple tasks and prioritizing workload effectively. If your approachable, self-motivated, have bags of energy, you’ll be a dab hand at providing Technical Support.
You’ll be the perfect person for us if:
- You have proven experience working in a 1st line support role.
- You can manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload effectively.
- Enjoy providing exceptional standards of support to all colleagues, supporting a variety of application, services, platforms, and hardware, this will be achieved by acting in both a proactive and reactive manner and ensuring that all SLAs are adhered to.
- Have experience of working in an MSP environment.
- Can build and maintain an excellent working relationship with colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Drive and encourage others to participate in continuous service improvements, fully utilising technology and tools available. Stay abreast with current Microsoft Technologies and customer service best practice thus ensuring the team is adding maximum value to the business.
- Are happy working shifts to cover 07:30 – 18:00 Monday to Friday and are able to work in our offices in Salford Quays 5 days a week.
We run on people power, Come, and join us.
- Log, analyse, triage, and prioritise all IT Incidents, Problems and Changes received via all communication channels into the team, adhering to SLA.
- Providing excellent customer service by responding to customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner via email, phone, and chat
- Documenting customer interactions and maintaining accurate records of customer enquiries, comments, and complaints.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues reported by customers.
- Escalating complex issues / collaborating with appropriate teams for further investigation and resolution to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Identifying and escalating potential issues to management before they become critical.
- Keeping up-to-date with company products and services in order to provide accurate information to customers.
- Continuously improving technical knowledge and skills through training and professional development opportunities
- Produce any necessary supporting documentation to enable technicians and suppliers to enhance existing or new technical capability, keeping these up to date and regularly reviewed.
- Work with Business Change department to assist in the delivery of Projects/Change
e.g., documentation, training, test scenarios, technical analysis.
- Working shifts to cover 07:30 – 18:00 Monday to Friday.
- Staff performing this role may be required to work out of hours on an on-call basis.
- Record and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible.
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times.
Experience & knowledge
- Experience working in a 1st line support role.
- Experience of working in an MSP environment – Desirable
- Solid experience working with On Prem and Azure AD
- Exposure / understand of other Windows 365 cloud technologies / platforms.
- Exposure / awareness of Automation tools
- PowerShell or equivalent
- Power Automate or equivalent.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written Good technical skills
- People management skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems.
- Solid experience working within Microsoft Azure technologies and platforms.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Good understanding of First Central’s applications (or equivalent system externally) in one or all of the following:
- MS Office suite and Windows 365 applications
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Intune/Endpoint Manager
- Microsoft Certification - Desired
- Telephony – Mitel – Desired
- SDI Service Desk Analyst – Desired
- Understanding of Agile working methodologies - Desired
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- An organised and pro-active approach.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude.
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Takes initiative to make decisions.
- Takes ownership & responsibility of own and team issues.
- Strives to drive business improvements.
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values.
And our success? Well, that’s entirely down to our talented people, who we know, are our biggest asset. Not heard of us. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here. 500 brilliant people like you joined us last year. We need more. Come check us out.
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.