We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Do you have Retail Pricing experience as well as technical modelling experience? Are you an experienced project leader? If so we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone to join our Retail Pricing team as a New Verticals Pricing Lead either working remotely or based in our Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex offices.
This role will work as part of our exciting new New Verticals Pricing Team and you’ll be responsible for leading the building of new predictive models using linear and non-linear statistical techniques as well as monitoring, maintaining and updating existing statistical models.
You'll solve key company questions, and provide analysis, insight and competitive advantage to the company by producing recommendations, analysis and reports that maximise customer satisfaction and the profitability of the company. We'll need you to pro-actively seek ways to improve existing processes in the Retail Pricing Team and to implement and advise on analysis strategy for the company, with particular focus on customer behaviour and insurance market dynamics.
Developing the best talent means a lot to us too, so you’ll play a vital part in attracting and supporting Senior, Junior and Graduate level colleagues.
We run on people power. Come and join us!
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- Previous Retail Pricing experience, including delivery of rate changes as well optimisation
- Technical modelling experience using programmes such as Emblem, Earnix, RADAR, SQL & SAS
- A keen desire to mentor, support and oversea junior colleagues within the team
- Experience independently leading projects
- Launch, Develop & Optimised Pricing Algorithms & Models for New Products & Propositions (I.e - Van, Multi-Car/Product)
- Lead the development and optimisation of Customer Lifetime Value, Cross-Sell and Best Next Action capabilities.
- Learn and implement new statistical tools and techniques including generalised linear modelling and non-linear methods to improve the performance of the company
- Build, Monitor & Maintain predictive models using EMBLEM, R/Python and other software packages
- Create an innovative approach which drives the business forward by introducing new analytical methods, statistical tools, techniques and new data sources
- Development of Optimisation Techniques & Methodologies using RADAR LIVE or Earnix.
- Production & maintenance of business analysis reports written in RADAR and other software packages such as R, Python, SQL, SAS
- Analyse business issues to find solutions, present findings and make recommendations to improve profitability in a clear and logical manner
- Liaise with other departments on data issues, business effects influencing company reports, business processes and operational issues
- Provide input and advice into company analysis strategy and the effective implementation of that strategy to meet company requirements
- Represent the Head of Pricing in meetings as and when required
- Train, develop & guide Senior, Junior and Graduate analysts
- Strong background in statistical methods
- Experience of personal lines insurance analysis
- Experience of SAS, Emblem, Excel and advanced statistical techniques
- Proven ability to produce outstanding results based on own initiative
- Broad knowledge of statistical methods and techniques
- Good knowledge of personal lines insurance products and the insurance industry
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 2:1 in a numerical undergraduate discipline
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Strong IT skills (including Excel and ideally programming skills)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Project management skills
- Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability
- Commercially focused
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Quick learner
- Able to transfer skills and knowledge to others
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We’ve received some great feedback from employees on Glassdoor. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews for yourself!
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.