We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Looking for an opportunity that's both challenging and rewarding? Dive into the world of insurance claims processing at First Central and join our great team as a Personal Injury Negotiator.
We're on the lookout for someone exceptional—someone like you! Where your skills, passion, and drive can make a real impact? You'll be at the heart of our claims processing team, managing low-level MoJ (Ministry of Justice) Portal claims with finesse and taking these claims from start to finish, ensuring compliance with regulations and maintaining files within our high service standards.
You'll have the know-how of triaging low-level MoJ Portal claims (up to £10k), ensuring they're processed like a breeze. Accuracy is your middle name—you'll reserve and manage files like a pro, making sure expected damages are spot on. Spotting potential frauds? That's your expertise. Experience in liability motor claims or personal injury handling? Awesome! But even if you're just well-versed in the world of motor claims and possess top-notch communication and problem-solving skills, we'd love to hear from you.
Our offices are in Salford Quays, Manchester, we love flexibility and hybrid working - we offer 4 days work from home and just 1 day in the office (after 3 months service - subject to your performance) - but if you prefer to be in the office more, that’s good with us.
We'd love to have you on the team if:
- you've a solid understanding of insurance motor claims, personal injury, liability, indemnity and FCA requirements - it's your ticket in
- you're customer-focused, self-motivated, and organised - qualities we treasure
- ideally you've got experience in the Official Injury Claim (OIC) or Ministry of Justice (MOJ) portals - that's the cherry on top
- Proactively process and handle low level Personal Injury claims received via the OIC and MOJ portals
- Handling the claim to the conclusion of the liability decision-making period and maintaining the claim files within service standards
- Be responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the expected level of damages on each file
- Conduct detailed and compliant telephone interviews with customers in relation to their claim
- Ensure compliance with the relevant sections of MOJ Reforms, Civil Procedure Rules, Personal Injury Pre action Protocol and Road Traffic Act
- Promptly identify potential fraudulent claims and other claims with large loss triggers which require specific referral
- Instruct and then proactively manage cases allocated to claims investigators and other suppliers
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly
- Process cheques on claims files as required
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Maintain diary within SLAs and KPIs to ensure effective and timely decision making
- Ensure compliance with Consumer Duty principles when liaising with customers and handling claims
Experience & knowledge:
- Previous experience in handling Personal injury Claims or Third Party Claims (Desirable)
- Good understanding of insurance motor claims, including liability and indemnity
- Knowledge of the Official Injury Claim (OIC) or Ministry of Justice (MOJ) portals – (Advantage)
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Actively identify and engage in areas of business improvement
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and strong customer service skills
- Confident in presenting information in a clear and concise manner
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements
If you're nodding your head thinking, "That's me!"—we want to hear from you. Hit that apply button, and let's embark on this claims processing adventure together!
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.