We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
We’re recruiting for talented and motivated individuals with a passion in offering excellent customer service, supporting our customers by phone, email and webchat whilst owning, improving and shaping our customer journey.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to build and shape our customer experience for the future of First Central…
Based from Haywards Heath, West Sussex you’ll be much more than a customer service specialist, with a key eye to review, evaluate and improve our customer journey by reviewing standard operating procedures and delivering continuous improvement.
Working flexibly, we offer hybrid working of 3 days at home and 2 days in the office after passing your probation period. The first 6 months will be in the office learning everything related to our customers and their journey, taking on new challenges, learning new and exciting skills along the way!
Are you hungry to be part of an evolving team? Are you looking for an exciting new career that’s different with plenty of progression and opportunities to grow further! We would love to hear from you!
You’ll be great if you have these skills:
- Can you resolve an issue and gather facts? We need problem solver!
- Scheduling your workload and day is key. Are you organised?
- Working towards a deadline to be the best! Time management is key
- Do you enjoy building working relationships? Confidence is what we need
- Excellent communicator to our customers and senior management
Here’s a taste of what we can offer you:
- Starting salary of £23,400 per annum. A potential starting salary of £25,000 per annum subject to transferable experience and demonstrable Continuous Improvement experience.
- Start date April 2024
- 3 days a week from home and 2 office days following training and probation period
- Monday to Friday 08:30am to 5pm
- Minimum 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (and the chance to buy and sell days)
- A ‘YOUday’, an extra day off to spend however you want. The clue’s in the name…
- ‘Your Time in Need’: five days’ paid leave for compassionate or emergency reasons
- A paid days leave to volunteer
- A fun, energetic and lively working environment
Customer Services Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Take inbound calls, assisting customers with buying and servicing insurance policies
- Engaging with customers by phone and webchat in a contact centre environment
- Continuously feedback into the customer improvement cycle to shape best practice by providing detailed information for our customer journey
- Engage in a variety of activities, flexing between helping our customers, new and existing projects and experiments in line with our business needs
- Following company processes and guidance to reduce errors whilst continuously looking for opportunities to improve these and reporting back to the business
- Contributing and building knowledge, training and process documentation
- Testing of systems, process changes and new initiatives
- On-boarding new products and services to determine the best strategy
- Be the voice of the customer within First Central and the gold standard for performance across all KPIs
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Customer Services Specialist Experience & Knowledge:
- Previous experience of working in a customer services environment either retail or a contact centre or other backgrounds will be considered
- Confident to identify continuous improvement gaps in our customer journey
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes (an advantage)
- Able to communicate clearly to stakeholders in the business with new improvement ideas
- Confident IT and software skills, including good Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong data and statistical analysis skills
Our ambition is huge. But your impact could be massive.
Sound like you? Want to know more? Then click on Apply.
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.