We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Our Personal Injury department handle all injury claims from minor to complex injuries and will offer you a fantastic career path from an entry level role in our Triage team starting at £22,000 leading to an experienced Personal Injury Negotiator at a level 1 and level 2 which pays between £25,000 to £31,500.
Perhaps you have graduated from University and looking for a steppingstone into financial services or maybe you have worked within a claims handling role or similar environment and keen to look at other opportunities out there? Either way we are open to experience for all our Personal Injury vacancies across both office locations of Salford Quays, Manchester and Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
In return for working with us we will offer you:
- Generous competitive starting salary plus fantastic benefits (Between £22,000 to £31,500 – Depending on experience)
- A fun, energetic and lively working environment
- Excellent career progression opportunities with increased salary available on completion of Progression level matrix
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5:00pm – Flexibility available
- Blended approach to working in the office (1 day) and from home 4 days a week following training and passing probation
Your role as a Personal Injury Claims Handler will be to proactively manage a portfolio of personal injury claims, across all jurisdictions, in an efficient and effective manner from outset to conclusion, complying with all appropriate regulations, legislation and policy guidelines.
Personal Injury Claims Handler (All Levels) Job responsibilities:
- Proactively manage Injury claims within a personal authority amount
- Validate policy indemnity for each claim, ensuring that the correct insurer status applied
- Manage and negotiate a limited caseload of development files on referral to mentor or Senior Technical Claims Negotiator
- Manage Third Party Property Damage (TPPD), including credit hire claims, in accordance with FCIM’s procedural requirements and own authority limits
- Process claim payments in accordance with personal authority
- Ensure all claims handled hold case specific reserves and that First Central Insurance Management’s (FCIM) reserving philosophy is adhered to on each claim.
- Be responsible for personal development requirements in specialist area, by attending all training sessions to ensure understanding of technical issues
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and corporate policies and requirements (including “Treating Customers Fairly” principles)
- Proactively manage all incoming correspondence using telephone, e-mail and letter
- Proactively manage incoming telephone calls
- Manage claim costs within personal allocation by achieving most economical settlement
- Identify potential fraudulent claims and action in accordance with FCIM’s guidelines
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Ensure that all expressions of dissatisfaction are registered in accordance with FCIM’s complaint procedure
- Ensure that the prompt referral of all claims outside personal authority limits to a Senior Technical Claims Negotiator or the Technical Claims Team Leader
- Achieve all personal objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Identify and pursue all potential recoveries from the relevant parties
- Any other reasonable duties, including general claims tasks as required
Personal Injury Claims Handler (All levels) Experience & knowledge:
- Strong motor claims experience working within a bodily injury claims environment (Desirable)
- Experience handling claims within an OIC (Official Injury Claims) Portal or similar (Desirable)
- Previous customer service experience within financial services or Graduate level applicant will be considered
- Proven track record in personal injury claim handling, including dealing with personal injury claims within and out with the RTA Portal
- Technical expertise with exposure to third party claims including credit hire and liability
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of regulatory framework relating to Motor Claims Understanding of the main principles of English Law as it applies in the technical motor claims and legal field
- Previous knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to Motor claims
- Understanding of all aspects of motor claims, to include credit hire and potential fraud
- To be conversant with the all sections of Pre-Action Protocol for Low Value Personal Injury Claims, Civil Procedure Rules and the Road Traffic Act (RTA)
- Understanding of the RTA and Article 75 status within Motor Claims
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Talent team.