We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need a Product Manager to join our Marketing team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
Deliver the agreed product strategy and targets, providing oversight and governance to ensure products deliver value for our customers and meet regulatory requirements.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have experience of Product Governance including understanding of Product Governance regulations
- Have experience of new product development
- Be able to demonstrate previous involvement in project delivery
- Have relevant Insurance industry experience including knowledge of SCA and Insurance regulations
- Support creation and lead execution of the product strategy
- Support budget setting and lead the delivery of retail income; including the ownership of both process and performance
- Responsible for implementing product governance in-line with regulatory requirements, including new product design, the review of existing products and delivery of changes to improve the value for our customers
- Ensure the provision of product disclosures are accurate within customer journeys and documentation
- Provide ongoing commercial and customer oversight of product performance
- Develop strategic relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Proactive role in leading and implementing tactical commercial trading initiatives ensuring that financial implications are considered, and business cases are robust
- Put in place appropriate engagement with cross functional teams to support the delivery of group wide business objectives
- Effective contract management, working closely with internal stakeholders where necessary to ensure contracts are up to date and relevant
- Maintain risk register (as applicable), providing evidence and commentary for controls, updates for mitigating actions and maintaining control matrices and attestations
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Job Specific Competencies:
Experience & knowledge
- Experience of working within a highly regulated environment
- Understanding of the insurance/financial services industry, its products and key regulations
- Strong stakeholder management experience within a fast paced, matrixed environment
- Experience of product design and development
- Change process from ideation through to delivery and post live management
- Understanding of motor insurance products, the motor insurance industry and the different distribution channels
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF)
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and external suppliers
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to take quick confident decisions at a strategic level to move things forward
- Structured thinking to find solutions to complex problems and the ability to adopt a pragmatic way forward
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate complex information in an easily digestible format to key stakeholders
- Confidence in prioritising and balancing competing work streams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to spot opportunities
- Strong presentation skills
- Professional, confident and personable
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Customer centric
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and within deadline
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Commercially focused
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Target driven and results focused
- Strong sense of empathy
- Analytical by nature with the focus on data-based decision making.
- A driven attitude to deliver change and rapidly overcome obstacles.
- An agile approach to project management and able to rapidly react to changes in business priorities to take advantage of emerging business and customer opportunities.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.