We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Do you have a commercial mindset with excellent data and statistical analysis skills? If so, this could be the job for you! We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst - Customer Retention to join our Commercial and Marketing team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
You’ll lead the production of data analysis and insight to support the development and execution of the customer retention strategy.
This is a role that sits within a commercial function for a highly skilled and numerate analyst to provide reports, analysis and insight that’ll fuel our trading actions and shape customer strategy. You’ll collaborate with teams across the business to extract and analyse data, review external market and competitor insight and prepare trading dashboards, customer analysis, forecasting models and root cause analysis to inform our trading strategy.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have experience and / or exposure to business functions such as pricing, digital, finance, operations, underwriting
- Have experience of working with senior management in a customer-focused business
- Have strong IT skills in some of the following - Excel, SAS, Emblem, Python, BI, Tableau
- Lead the extraction, analysis and reporting of all retention metrics to inform strategy, trading decisions and change initiatives
- Lead the business reporting on retention performance and to provide insight on emerging issues or opportunities
- Lead the development of reports and dashboards that inform trading decisions and priorities across pricing, underwriting, process and customer journey
- Lead the provision of models to forecast retention and cancellations for the budgeting and forecasting process
- To lead data investigations on emerging issues to identify root cause and shape actions. To produce and present data insight and learnings to commercial teams and wider business functions
- Collate information, data and market intelligence from multiple sources and create insight to optimise trading activities and support new strategies
- Support the development of the group’s customer retention strategy across multiple business functions.
- Support the delivery of the groups customer retention commercial plan with a strong focus on minimising cancellation rates and maximising renewal retention rates.
- Support the maintenance of the risk register (as applicable), providing evidence and commentary for controls, updates for mitigating actions and maintaining control matrices and attestations.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Ideally have experience of working within a highly regulated sector
- Knowledge of the insurance/financial services industry, its products and key regulations ideal or subscription-based businesses
- Previous experience of working with business functions such as pricing, digital, finance, operations, underwriting
- Experience of working with senior management in a customer-focused business
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products, particularly Excel, Powerpoint & Word
- Strong IT skills in some of the following - Excel, SAS, Emblem, Python, BI, Tableau
- Highly numerate and analytical. Able to solve problems and distil complex information into clear insight and recommendations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence decision-making
- Broad knowledge of statistical methods and techniques
- Excellent understanding of retail insurance, ideally motor or other personal insurance sectors. Subscription-based businesses in other sectors will be considered
- A driven attitude to deliver change and rapidly overcome obstacles
- Professional, confident and personable
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Commercially focused with a strong customer ethic
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .