We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you a talented IT Risk Manager? If so, we need you!
We’re looking for someone to join our Governance team in Salford Quays, Manchester, or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
The IT Risk Manager (IRM) is to responsible for provision of oversight over IT, Data and Change (technology) across the First Central Group and support improved value delivery from technology and mitigation of related risks to within appetite.
- Performing risk & control assessments of processes across FCG technology and maintaining the risk registers to ensure they reflect the latest risk profile. This will include providing robust challenge to stakeholders when assessing control design and effectiveness.
- Identifying process and control weaknesses, raising issues and associated remedial actions,
- Undertaking technology risk deep dives and assurance reviews, reporting findings to management and executive committees.
- Investigating IT operational risk events and incidents, ensuring root cause analysis and remediation of controls, where required.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the Group’s operational risk framework.
- Delivering insights on second line reviews to senior stakeholders.
- Overseeing any control self-assessments performed by IT management.
- Partner with the Compliance function to ensure compliance with any regulatory requirements related to Information Technology. Development and delivery of the annual IT GRC oversight plan.
- Development and oversight of IT related standards that form part of the IT governance framework - supporting policies, ensuring they are current and fit-for-purpose, promoting increased assurance from IT operational activities.
- Provision of oversight and assurance for strategic (IT-enabled) projects, ensuring compliance with standards, assessing key controls and providing IT risk and governance feedback on key projects.
- Ensure consistency across the Group and working to standardised processes.
- Advising IT Operations on the development of technical control procedures.
- Provide advice to stakeholders about remediation of IT audit findings and implementation of recommended actions.
- Key contact for IT operations to discuss project implementations and impacted key process interactions to ensure accurate and effective controls are maintained.
- Maintaining strong relationships with senior IT stakeholders and in other areas of the business.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of FCG products and business processes, where impacting technology.
Experience & knowledge
- Substantial IT risk management experience in financial services, preferably insurance sector
- Significant experience in a software development environment
- Business and functional management
- Substantial understanding of best practice requirements of IT Risk Management, Data Governance and Information Security
- Substantial knowledge of industry standard frameworks (COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001)
- Substantial understanding of the regulatory requirements of the insurance industry in the UK, Gibraltar & Guernsey
Skills & Qualifications
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- Analytical thinker with clear ability to distil into key points
- Excellent influencing skills, and credible at a senior level
- Ability to question and obtain information from others
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving, with the ability to translate issues and find resolutions
- Competent use of IT and software (i.e. Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Recognised IT or Data qualification
- High level of integrity and reliability
- Leadership on values and corporate policies (including “TCF”)
- Calm and confident under pressure
- Demanding and supportive
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .