We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Digital Learning Designer to join our People team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or Salford Quays, Manchester.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to:
Have the ability to storyboard various learning - including e-learning, gamification, video animation
Ability to progress digital content
Have strong business partnering skills to be able to work closely and effectively with stakeholders
Have strong skills in digital development
We're looking for someone to design, deliver and evaluate interactive high-quality learning solutions utilising a variety of multimedia, including video, animation and gamification for colleagues at all levels, to ever changing learner and business needs, making sure all learning feels fresh, modern and current. This will involve working with subject matter experts to script, storyboard and deploy innovative digital learning solutions.
- To work on a project-to-project basis for the creation of engaging learning activities and compelling course content for new and existing in-house colleagues
- Flex between the development and design of materials for customer-facing colleagues and leaders within First Central, creating engaging education for both audiences that drive new knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Create and design digital learning that takes a truly blended approach on a range of topics in a variety of formats and accessible from a range of devices e.g. short videos, e-learning modules, interactive presentations, digital based assessment activities, video content, narration, voice over and graphics
- Design and develop supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, games etc), guides and training manuals, engaging instructional graphics, assessment tools, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Set instructional end goals, adapt content to meet these and test all developed solutions
- Use authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate/Articulate Storyline/RISE for the development of in-house instructional learning and keep up to date with new authoring tool developments
- Work with the Brand Manager to implement and align the brand across the group through newly designed digital offerings.
- Work with subject matter experts across departments to understand needs and deliver meaningful learning products taking ownership for the quality of the solution
- Work with Marketing, Compliance, L&D and key stakeholders to develop impactful and interactive learning experiences ensuring all learning materials deliver the business benefits in line with the direction of First Central
- Support the relationships with LMS provider and other external learning providers as appropriate to ensure learner needs are met and the business benefits are achieved
- Introduce design thinking into the firm's approach to digital learning.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and suppliers with different perspectives
- Script, storyboard and design content, bringing this to life through eLearning design
- Champion the development of digital learning skills and capabilities throughout the L&D team, ensuring members keep abreast of developments of external and internal best practice
- Partner with team members and end users to evaluate, test and recommend content development tools or other learning technology solutions to continually unlock value
- Ensure a consistent quality standard of online content which meets our regulatory requirements
- Proactively manage own scope of work, including identification of dependencies and suggesting improvements on an ongoing basis
- Resolve complex issues and problems by evaluating evidence, weighing different options as well as risks, and implementing creative and one-off solutions
- Regularly track and report on training activities conducted by colleagues of all levels and advise leadership on trends
- Gather insights about trends, best practice and development in emerging instructional design and technology and use these to make recommendations to continually evolve the quality of the digital learning solutions created
Job Specific Competencies:
- Preferred accreditation/qualification in high level expertise Instructional / Blended Learning Design
- Certificate in Learning & Development or alternative training qualification
- Social media or knowledge management experience
- Strong understanding of modern learning concepts, how people learn and Instructional Design methodology
- Knowledge and experience of scripting and storyboarding learning solutions
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (or similar) to create e-learning packages (including HTML5), video-based learning, animations, games/simulations, podcasts etc
- Working knowledge of creating and managing true virtual classroom environments using Adobe Connect or similar.
- Working knowledge of online and offline e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate etc having created modern and engaging e-learning content using these tools.
- Experience managing/administering an enterprise LMS platform
- Project management and ability to balance multiple stakeholder needs across a complex matrix organisation
- Good knowledge of SharePoint creation and management, particularly from a learning perspective.
- Instructional design (preferred)
- Ability to create new in-house learning assets for both classroom and digital interventions
- Ability to create innovative concepts to generate compelling learning experiences
- Ability to interpret, analyse, and develop relevant management information
- A problem-solving mindset to understand the business data presented to them
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and collaborative communication skills
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of L&D strategies and L&D interventions
- Good understanding of the business objectives
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory requirements
- An advocate for leading edge blended learning initiatives such as video, animations and virtual classrooms to support in next generation digital learning methods
- Proven organisational and time management skills and delivering at pace to deadlines
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to develop positive working relationships
- Ability to understand and work with large and complex systems
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we want to hear from you today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.