We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for talented Power BI Analysts to join our Technology and Data team based in either Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or Guernsey.
We are currently looking to recruit 3 Power BI Business Intelligence Analysts who will design, create, and maintain reports, visualisations and dashboards that will enable better use and wider consumption of First Central’s data. The Business Intelligence Analyst will work with the BI & Visualisation Lead, Head of Data Engineering, Business Services and Technical Products to help develop business requirements and specify and develop reporting solutions with a focus on cloud data technologies.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Possess expert data reporting and visualisation skills using Power BI with strong SQL querying and DAX skills
- Will have worked within large data sets in an enterprise environment.
- Have experience of working within in an Agile environment.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for understanding the business’ requirement so that the appropriate solution can be designed and delivered. They are responsible for articulating and documenting requirements and developing reporting solutions that meet those requirements. You will play a key role in:
- Working with other members of the Data Services team to assist in the definition and development of processes and business intelligence solutions that provide secure and efficient data reporting, visualisation, and analytics.
- Develop solutions that connect to a variety of on- and off- premise data sources, ensuring data is optimised to meet requirements for business and technical use cases.
- Present information for business and technical users through engaging and interactive reports and visualisations.
- Apply business and logic rules to derive new measures, new dimensions, and aggregated values.
- Support relationships with the other areas of FCG to ensure that requirements can be developed.
- Ensure solutions support the architectural direction of FCG technology and use approved technical components.
- Provide analytical skills into understanding and communicating design specifications to facilitate technical development including the creation of both high-level and detailed design documentation and impact estimation.
- Fulfill the role of a subject matter expert in data reporting best practice and implement those practices.
- Work to the agreed prioritisation of requirements for development and to the agreed delivery dates against these requirements.
- Assist in the identification of root causes and fixes for major incidents where required
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expert data reporting and visualisation using Power BI with strong SQL query and DAX skills.
- Experience of working with large data sets in an enterprise environment
- Dimensional model design and implementation.
- Microsoft data components including Azure Analysis Services and Azure SQL Data Warehouse (Synapse Analytics)
- Tools and techniques for ensuring data quality, security, validation and recovery
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Data exploration, cleansing and preparation
- A Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree
- Microsoft Certified Data Analyst qualification
- Azure Certification is desirable
- Experience of testing tools and performance monitoring
- Understanding of the retail Insurance business
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing principles
- An organised and pro-active approach
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
We’ve received some great feedback from employees on Glassdoor. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews for yourself!
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .